Realization of gains.
The income of residents from purchase-sale of virtual currencies or sales of produced virtual currency may be charged as income from individual activities if such activities satisfy the aggregate criteria of continuity, autonomy, and pursuit of economic benefits.
Statement of the Lithuanian Ministry of Finance.
Included in an annual personal income tax return.
Taxable events in Crypto in Lithuania
- Production and sales activities of virtual Currency
- Payment for goods or services in a virtual Currency
- Transactions in Virtual Currencies
Taxation of Tokens designated for company founders through ICO and tokens paid out for project participants for services provided
- Issue of Virtual Units (Tokens) Considered as Securities.
- Circulation of Virtual Units (Tokens) Granting the Right to Receive a Service or
- Circulation of Virtual Units (Tokens) Attributable to Assets.
Disclaimer: This is not a legal, tax, accounting or investment advice. It is general information which should only be used for introduction purposes. You should consult with a tax/legal specialist.